In this tutorial I’ll talk about creating an Android application which will get all it’s data from Http requests. To develop the application, I used WebView and WebViewClient classes of the Webkit.
This is a how-to focused on creating a RESTful java object at Android. I’ve used HTTPClient, HTTPEntry, HTTPGet, HTTPResponse, JSONArray and JSONObject classes. I think it’ll be useful if we need to use a web-service from client application.
In this short how-to, I’ll explain how to basically develop and deploy a web service using Eclipse IDE. In this tutorial, these technologies are used:
- Programming Language: Java
- IDE: Eclipse
- Web Service Protocol: SOAP
- SOAP Implementation: Axis
- Client Application Type: Java Servlet
- Servlet Container: Apache Tomcat